“Torch” — Part VI, Page 14

Posted on August 18, 2010 at 12:00 am in Uncategorized as part of Torch - Part Six « Torch - Part Six. Follow responses to this post with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

CanwehaveaflashbacktoEmmaindragohpleaseohpleaseohplease?

Thinking back to one of the footnotes in Sin-Eater about the physical appearance of Llaveracs being based partly on Marlene Dietrich, I have a feeling my computer would explode from the superconcentrated hotness.

2. Lethe says:

Tattooooooo. :)

I am not really following what Rachel means, myself. IS Psyche male, or is she actually female trying to look male? After all, Rachel’s had a *bad* experience with that type already. :/

3. A. Beth says:

I wonder what “drag” is for a _Llaverac_.

4. Jessy says:

Im sorry Im a little confused. Im pretty sure that by mother Rachel means Emma, but for me drag has always meant a guy dressing up as a gal. With the Llaveracs does this mean that Emma dressed up as a guy? and a really butch guy too?

5. matthew brandi says:

@ Jessy: “always meant a guy dressing up as a gal”. Seriously? Vesta Tilley? Drag Kings? No?

I’m confused too… since when is a Llaverec ashamed of gender-issue stuff?

7. Jessy says:

yeah that clears it up a bit. Its what I thought it meant and it makes perfect sense as all Llaveracs are supposed to be female and the insult is to call/infer someone male. So I guess the deviant/rebeelious thing to do in their subculture would be to exaggerate the male, which is what Emma I guess was doing, which would probably cause Rachel some embarrasment. Although not that much as both she and Psyche have cut their hair short and a little masculine which would be deemed risque by more traditional Llaveracs. Just never came across the term drag king before, so now i learned something!

I think what Rachel is saying is that, like Emma ( who married a he-man Medawar guy), she just isn’t really turned on by by people who look like girls. This is probably not an acceptable thing for a Llaverec duchess to admit.

9. Anna says:

Rachel is starting to look a bit more masculine here. Actually in the bottom panel, she looks quite a lot like Roy, Jaeger’s kid brother. (What happened to Roy?)