“Torch” — Part VI, Page 11

Posted on July 29, 2010 at 5:00 am in FINDER as part of TorchTorch - Part Six, « TorchTorch - Part Six, . Follow responses to this post with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

1. Inkthinker says:

Hahaha… “and me” indeed.

The ones with tattoos are usually the most fun, if not the most stable. :D

2. Scott Bieser says:

That carpenter’s level on the nipples made me chortle. Boundary issues, indeed.

3. DB says:

Oooh . . . just look at that abruptly neutral expression on Rachel’s face. I sense storm clouds gathering, of one sort or another. Or perhaps this is the first time her companion has aired the possibility.

4. Rubel says:

Heh, been a while since I heard “dunlop” — belly done lop over belt.

YES! Marry the Honey suckle!!
    Be poor and happy!!
    No wait, that isn’t entertaining enough for us.
    But HEY, so if they can have all the wives they want Rachel can marry the entire fruit bowl full of em!

6. Dave Van Domelen says:

Boundary issues and VERY good posture.

7. Kwesi K. says:

I’m trying to figure out what’s so oddly hot about Selma Greene from Big Love up there.

Whut?

I don’t see much TV. If the large figure from panel 1 looks like somebody, it’s a coincidence. She’s actually based on an amazing portrait of a teddy boy. Check ‘em out:

Rachel’s last-panel expression = “That’s NOT FUNNY.”

Perhaps it’s a similar moment to the one she had with her friend Duryea in Sin-Eater II. All Rachel’s friends fall in love with her!

…Which reminds me, whatever happened to Jaegerbro’? (Not that he’s a marriage prospect; just wondering if he’s still about.)

10. Is this her fan from Torch, or perhaps the Judge’s daughter? Anhoo I’m getting shock not disapproval from that last look of Rachel’s. I think the way in which Psyche (P in a butterfly has to stand for “Psyche”) came out with that “and me” is just too impossibly awesome in a slow-burn-I’m-going-to-get-you-way for Rachel to quickly turn down in any self-respecting narrative. And she walks a long road with lots of pitfalls but Psyche does what she needs to get Eros. I say watch out for this one.

(Unless it’s a moth and she’s named Promethea? Um, no).

That last look looks sobered up and thoughtful with a touch of shock.

Ah!

Well, -I- think she’s hot. Thanks!

Well, the teddy boy up there is definitely INTERESTING. And Jaeger loved those interesting girls, and Rachel loves and emulates Jaeger, so it follows that Rachel finds the teddy boy hot. There is something hot about nonconventional use of power that actually works.

14. Kwesi K. says:

I’m thinking it’s my association with the character from the show, her family’s habit of forced plural marriage and her propensity to kill people that’s getting in the way for me.

15. Peter Tupper says:

Rachel is not happy in the last panel. That’s her realizing that her one uncomplicated, companionate relationship (unlike her family, her home/business and her marriage project) has sex, and therefore sexual politics, in it, and that means she can’t relax and unwind with Miss P anymore. That’s Rachel’s shields going up.

16. Lethe says:

Or, it’s “but you’re not male EITHER. :(

17. matthew brandi says:

“P in a butterfly has to stand for “Psyche””

… and never “papillon”?

18. Fidget says:

Is she unhappy, or coolly considering? I think it could go either way.

Also: those portraits of the Teds? HAWT. Nice choice of reference material.