“Torch” — Part VI, Page 7

Posted on June 30, 2010 at 7:32 pm in FINDER as part of TorchTorch - Part Six, « TorchTorch - Part Six, . Follow responses to this post with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

1. Kwesi K. says:

And they’re WONDERFUL.

2. Twitch says:

Particularly curious that she’d spend so much on her breasts, then cover them up with a sweater vest *and* a waistcoat..

(though expensive cars tend to spend more time in th’ garage than being shown off, right? :)

3. matthew brandi says:

Twitch, clearly, they can be unveiled to the ‘right’ people.

Perhaps you have in mind the real-world case in which breasts are not ‘augmented’ for the benefit of the unfortunate woman who has to carry them around.

And note, the hair she didn’t get done. (And Rachel’s comment seems to suggest that the comb-over is not a hip look. I’m not sure I trust Rachel’s judgment, though.)

4. Jessy says:

I knew it was the suitor messing with her, geez these guys leave nothing to chance. But really some poeple have too much money, buying those lovely things and not enjoying them propery. Boobs need air!

Expensive breasts plus combover. Rachel got her wish for rich and male, it seems.

Also, I just noticed the name of the café! Vivent les bandes dessinées!

7. matthew brandi says:

I just noticed the café awning says “Uderzo”.

Did I miss a “Goscinny”, or is that a treat for later?

I think this is going to be version of a “FIVE CRAZY WOMEN” for Rachel!

9. K.L. Droscha says:

Is it just me, or does the lady with the fine, fine rack have a bit of a pot belly? Maybe she has a pillow on her lap? But I am gonna go with belly. :)

10. matthew brandi says:

Why all the drooling enthusiasm over what is, when one comes right down to it, just a very expensive pair of comedy breasts?

11. Peter Tupper says:

This is a very nouveau-riche move on the part of Rachel’s suitor. It’s a key aspect of being upper class (or aspiring to it) that you may consume conspicuously, but you don’t talk actual cash. This suggests to me she is used to throwing around her money to get what she wants.

Hijacking another person’s AR display is probably rather rude, too.

Add in the comb-over and Rachel made a good move in getting out of there ASAP.

12. matthew brandi says:

A new money thing to do? I dunno.

I like to think that Finder isn’t just the same old thing in brand new drag, that the real-world-plausible interpretation of behaviour we’re shown isn’t always the right one.

13. Jessy says:

Might not be ‘new money’ just stupid money for all the breeding and education this is one Llaverac with little or no aesthetic sense (I’m sorry it dosent matter how nice the boob job whats the point if a) no one can see them and b) you team them with the dowdiest in old professor nonchic, pigs ear into a silk purse anyone?) and the hijaking of her jack is very ‘look at me Llaverac’ but not very’ well brought up nobility’. Although saying that it may be acceptable noble behaviour in Llaverac circles although the rest of Rachel’s suitors behaviour is very unLlaverac.

This Llaverac is not your usual Llaverac. But then, neither is Rachel. But, then, nonconformism isn’t necessarily something that bonds two people.

She’s probably thinking: “Big deal. My granddad has nicer breasts that those.”