“Torch” — Part VI, Page 3

Posted on May 31, 2010 at 5:00 am in FINDER as part of TorchTorch - Part Six, « TorchTorch - Part Six, . Follow responses to this post with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

1. Inkthinker says:

She’s posing for her marriage portrait, then? Like she showed to Jaeger?

2. Jolly Goth says:

Wow! She is bitchy in the morning. Then again I would be too if I had been costaintly mind raped by a native god thing.

Nickie’s boyfriends have “periods”?
    Come on! That is a too crazy, even for Llaverecs. Or perhaps she means they are drama jerks, ( like Rachel’s grand dad)-which makes perfect sense.

Nickie looks like a male…. oy, I am so confused.

reptangle, I think Nicky means “My last two boyfriends were perpetually in hangoverland too.” She’s emphasising how lame Rachel’s excuse is.

(Whatever Nicky’s biological sex, she’s a Llaverac and therefore to be given feminine pronouns as a courtesy.)

6. Jessy says:

I’d imagine thats whats REALLY peed Rachel off in the last panel, Nicky kinda disrespected her there by inferring she was male (my last two boyfriends..) also made it seem like she expected Rach to become the third grouchy “boyfriend”. Silly artisan dont mess with nobility even if it’s poor nobility

Oh I get it .. so that’s what all Llaverecs say when they feel hungover, cumby and bitchy.

Ped-x ? Delivered by courier?

At first, I thought that said “Fed-X”. Jumping to conclusions, I am. Ped-X. Delivered by kids on bikes?

Dunno if “on the rag” is what ALL Llaveracs call “moody and irritable”, but it seems this “artist” is using the phrase to refer to that. I did look up the phrase, and it is slang for “on one’s period”.

I just thought that Rachel got fed up with the “artist’s” (I put that in quotes, since I call her artistic sense into question; I think she’s trying too hard to be different) lack of sympathy after Rachel’s repeated subtle requests for it. Maybe it takes feeling at the bottom of the barrel for Rachel to continue her learning to jump instead of lay down.

10. Anna says:

I’ve been spending the night rereading this, and I just realised the whole painter/period thing is kind of a visual play on “got the painters in” which is slang for having a period. Ha!