“Torch” — Part V, Page 53

Posted on May 10, 2010 at 5:00 am in FINDER as part of TorchTorch - Part Five, « TorchTorch - Part Five, . Follow responses to this post with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

1. Kwesi K. says:

Uh…is that a whiff of smoke…?

2. Mr Frisky says:

First British accent heard in umpty-thousand years?

Of course it’s an aphrodisiac!

3. A.Beth says:

…Where IS Ahsef now?? O_O

Ahsef’s communication device WAS a remote control!

The ribbon-like thing in the air.. hmmm…I ‘m guessing that is the remains of one of Ahsef’s drifting head bagels, which symbolize strange brain activity.

(On pg 31-What was the laptop in a book about? Did that mean something? It beeped.)

Maybe the fate of some of the Godspoken is to sometimes vanish entirely into the Music of the Universe?

6. pencilears says:

Mr Frisky raises a valid point. =D

wonder if the pod-people are being reanimated from England exactly for this purpose, to insert different bloodlines/hybrid vigor into the general population. (not the purebred clans obviously)

Kwesi, I suspect that’s a whiff of Ahsef.

8. Owlmirror says:

The netbook-in-book-covers is one that Pinya pulls off the shelf on Part V, Page 36 / pg 152 of total.

Oh, thanks, Owlmirror. I was wondering what reptangle was talking about.

Maybe the significance of the laptop-in-a-book was that Pinya seemed to expect to see a book with pages and printed words, but saw an electronic device inside. The regular printed book is perhaps what most of her tribespeople would be used to. Can’t judge a book by its cover, I guess. And maybe this parallels Jack in his current Cthulu incarnation. Organic on the outside, but machine-like on the inside. Or maybe it’s meant to parallel the Laeske, since I would guess the book was opened in what I assume to be the Laeske’s office. I dunno. Just some guesses.