“Torch” — Part IV, Page 14

Posted on November 4, 2009 at 5:00 am in FINDER as part of TorchTorch - Part Four, « TorchTorch - Part Four, . Follow responses to this post with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

1. Drooling Fan Girl says:

BHAHAHAHAH

Thanks for the laugh. Take care, eh?

And life goes on.

3. Beebo says:

Speed needs mental health day. Is good with me…

4. Scott Bieser says:

Those overhead shots make me dizzy. I’m happy to get the meta version.

;-)

Jack’s disappeared.

Rowena’s robot is out in traffic and making the next house call??
    How unsanitary.
    I supposed that rich Llaverecs would each have their own private house doc robot unit, that Rowena could make use of.
    I filled in the details myself; that the doc robot was stationed in the house some where, unoticed in a corner or old broom closet, and left behind when the old duchess left…That sort of thing would be like a water heater, you leave it with the house.

How could that thing of gotten in if the house was locked up? The laxsecurity of this house gives me shudders.

Eisner’s in the mail.

(…by which I mean that I feel your pain and am looking forward to seeing the page!)

And, so, in the course of this chapter, it doesn’t seem that much clearer who the two mirrored Llaveracs were on the chapter title page. I’m thinking, though, that the one on the left is Rachel, and the one on the right is what Rachel would look like if Oriana wouldn’t be such a strong influence in her life right now.

Whoops.

I had a sudden inspiration and shredded half the script, radically changing chapter 4, which would have introduced quite a lot of Rachel’s suitors if I’d stuck to Plan A. Instead you won’t meet them till after I get Jack settled in chapter 5. I’ll redo the chapter head for 4 and use it for chapter 6.

Aha. The one on the right was a suitor, after all. It’ll be good to see what Jack’s up to.

12. Des says:

We need to see a lot more of your cartoon avatar, Speed. And keep this page posted somewhere for posterity, or something.

13. des says:

… oh, and you’re right, Grant Morrison _doesn’t_ have shit on you. His comics read like a pitch meeting for his comics, and while he’s got a remarkably consistent vision to express in his comics, 1) it’s impressionistic mystical crap once you untangle it (selling out equals magic! Magic equals selling out!) and 2) what’s so hip about telling the same religious allegory over and over and over? What’s so much better than Jesus about Hoor-pa-kraat? Finally, Alan More made all Grant’s points about 80′s Alan Moore before Grant did, only better. I would say Grant may be the most talented rodeo clown in history, but that’s his highest ambition these days and I can do without.

14. Drooling Fan Girl says:

And this leads me free to wonder just what an unmanned communication post looks like and whether would it cause all the male readers to cringe in sympathy?

15. Twitch says:

un-manned post, augh >_<

I remember reading that during some screenings of Hard Candy, there were men in the audience shouting at the screen during *ahem* a certain scene.

Odd, I found the scene somewhat amusing :P

Someone must have called Morrison a rodeo clown in a recent interview. I’ve seen that term pop up paired with his name twice now. Unless it was you twice, Des.

@DFG I didn’t cringe, but in light of the recent talk about Carla’s characters habit of disappearing in one way or another, it felt poignant that Jack was missing from his communications station. And as I’ve said before, I do relate to Jack.

18. thejollygoth says:

Jack’s the man. I love to see new and interesting characters in the book. Frankly seeing it before its inked is brilliant!!! I love being able to see the process forming, it really helps me with my own art.

Keep it up Speed, you are one of my heroes in the comic world, I will always buy your books and be loyal to your art.

How did you get a profile picture, Des?
    I’ve searched everywhere in the profile section and I don’t see any way to upload one.

20. Desdemona says:

Is it wrong that I like Rachel and Jaeger together? Its wrong!