“Torch” — Part IV, page 6

Posted on October 16, 2009 at 1:32 pm in FINDER as part of TorchTorch - Part Four, « TorchTorch - Part Four, . Follow responses to this post with the comments feed. You can leave a comment or trackback from your own site.

Poor Rachel. Well, it’s not an emergency wakeup. But it’s certainly not a pleasant one, either.

2. Des says:

Awww, cool! “That’s Orianna.” And the Llaveracs have tranny robo nurses (if all men are robots, then robots must all be men, ergo tranny robot QEDWTF!) that do home invasions when you get sick! And the freaky third eye tattoo taking up most of that guy’s forehead. And maybe it’s one of her suitors who’s sicced this thing on Rachel and her main struggle in choosing a husband will be finding out who controls their prospective mates with evil mecha care squids so she can not pick him.

3. Kwesi says:

Good lord, it’s the Cronenberg version of Rosie from The Jetsons.

What next? Jack unearths a Terry Gilliam-esque Uniblab in the basement?

HA HA HA, that IS Rosie! Could NOT think of anything else that would be funny and creepy and hyper at the same time (everything else I sketched was creepy, more creepy, WAY too creepy). So Rosie it is.

5. Kwesi K. says:

You say “WAY too creepy” and yet you manage to get a speculum joke in the final cut. I seen you SPEED. You don’t fool us.

6. the maljax says:

At least her mother’s phone call already had her slightly woken up. I would be absolutely terrified if a robot woke me from a deep sleep and then tried to shove a speculum in me.

7. Fidget says:

I’m thinking that might be Rachel’s grandfather on the screen. I’m sure he’s thrilled that his granddaughter won a barony and is on the block for an aristocratic/advantageous marriage. Plus, the speech patterns seem in keeping with what little we’ve seen of Terry so far.

I’d hope those rejected sketches of Rosie can make it into the notes section of the Torch graphic novel…

9. brandi says:

Rosie?

I was thinking Computo the Conqueror, or possibly Bizarro Computo (“… go and clean up the computer army”).

Ah, Curt Swan! Ah, happy days!

You’re here! I’m happy. :)

Fidget, it makes sense that the woman, I mean, person, in the video screen is Rachel’s granddad. I saw Rachel’s granddad recently in my re-reading of Sin-eater.

That would make sense, especially since the machine says “we Llaveracs.”

Wouldn’t a Llaverec’s doc be a Llaverec as well?
    They all look the same. The Doc is probably just a llaverec family MD. who works through these robot nurse units that are stationed around. I guess she would know Rachel well enough.
    I LOVE Rachel’s granddad, but having your grandfather with a speculum.. that’s OVER THE TOP creepy for me!

14. Hmpf says:

Also, Rachel’s granddad looks decidedly less feminine nowadays. Or at least looked decidedly less feminine in Voice.